Learn how you can distribute any type of project change to your Subcontractors so they can download the documents and respond with cost impacts or authorize T&M work through Extracker.
To create a new Change Notification and distribute to your Subcontractors follow these steps:
- Click on the Add New button at the top of your screen and choose "Create a Change Notification".
- This will bring you to the Change Notification Page.
- Select the project the Change Notification is for.
- Select Change Notification Type. This allows you to request pricing or authorize T&M work.
- By selecting Authorize T&M Work. A section will appear at the bottom to create T&M tags for your contractor with an "Open" status.
The T&M Tag will be created with an open status on the contractors T&M Log. An email will be sent to the users on the project that includes the Project, Tag Title, Due Date, and attached files.
- Enter a title and description of the change and will show up in the email that goes to the Subcontractors and be shown on the Log.
- Select Pricing Due Date. This is the deadline you are giving the Subcontractors to respond.
- Add a Customer Reference Number. This is the number you are giving your Subcontractors to track the costs. This is often referred to as a PCO, PCI, CE, etc. number.
- Include an email message to the Subcontractors that will show up in the body of the email that gets sent out.
- Select your subcontractors by clicking in the drop-down and selecting which companies will be impacted by this change. If it is a global change affecting all Subcontractors you can "Select All".
- Drag and drop the files you want to send to your Subcontractors. There is no file size limit on this feature giving you the ability to attach drawing packages here.
- Once the form is complete, either send it to your Subcontractors or Save it as a draft to be sent later.
Once the Change Notification is sent your Subcontractors will receive the below email with a link to view the files you sent and a link to respond to the Change Notification in Extracker.
Once you have sent the Change Notification you can track the status back in the log.
- In the Contractors Responded column you can quickly see how many Subcontractors were sent the Change Notification and how many have actually responded with a COR or No Cost Impact.
- You can also view the details by clicking the view icon in the Action column.
- In this view you can see which Subcontractors have been sent the change, which have responded, when they responded and whether or not there was a cost impact.
- If they respond with a COR you will also see the COR added to the COR log.
- If they respond with "No Cost Impact" you will see the response here, but no COR will be added to the log.
To learn how Subcontractors can respond to a Change Notification, check out this article here: How to respond to a Change Notification.