Learn the basics of how to use the Extracker digital T&M Log
- Sent Vs Received T&M Log
- Understanding the T&M Log Columns
- How to Filter the T&M Log
- How to Download and Export Contents
- Managing the Log Appearance
1. Sent vs. Received T&M Log
You can send and receive T&M Tags in your Extracker account. This way you can invite your customer to Extracker to send them T&M Tags and you can invite your contractors to send you T&M Tags.
- Sent T&M Log: Anything you send through Extracker to your customer will be logged in the Sent T&M Log.
- Received T&M Log: Anything one of your Contractors send TO YOU will be logged in your Received T&M Log.
You can quickly toggle back and forth between the two logs here.
2. Understanding the T&M Log columns
The Extracker T&M log uses a standard industry best practice layout designed to keep all parties on the same page. Here is a quick rundown of what is contained in each column.
- Tag Number: When sending a Tag, the system will automatically generate a Tag number starting at EX00001.
- Contractor/Customer Name:
- If you are viewing the Sent T&M Log you will see the company name that you sent the COR to listed as "Customer Name".
- If you are viewing the Received T&M Log you will see the company name that sent you the COR listed as "Contractor Name".
- Date of Work Performed: This is the date the work on the tag was performed.
- Date Signed: The date the customer signed the tag
- T&M Tag Title: Title of the tag the contractor provides
- Project Title: The name of the project related to the T&M Tag
- COR Number: When the customer approves the tag and COR, the COR Number will appear here
- Customer Reference Number: This is the number that the customer (General Contractor) uses to track the Tag.
- My Job Number: This is the number your company uses to track your project and is controlled from the project details page.
- Contract Name: Name of the contract the tag relates to.
- Labels: Labels are an easy way to track different buckets of money within a T&M log. For example, you may want to track overtime, trade damage, design changes, etc. You can easily create a label and assign it to that Tag. Once assigned you can filter the log for each label. **This column can only be seen by your company and is not visible to your contractors or customers.
- Status: The T&M Tag status is broken down by the following:
- Awaiting Signature: Contractor has sent the tag to the customer
- Draft: Contractor has not complete the tag
- Signed Not Sent: Contractor and Customer have signed tag but has not sent it to the customer for signature
- Revise & Resubmit: Customer has requested for the tag to be revised
- Rejected: Customer has rejected the tag
- Action column: This column is where you can perform different actions on a COR.
- View Icon: This will open the associated PDF of the T&M Tag file
- Review and Sign : This will open the Tag to Review and Sign
- Messages: This will open the messaging pane to the right
- View Activity: This will open the activity pane on the right
- Internal Messages: This will open the internal messages pane to the right
3. How to Filter the T&M Log
You can easily filter the T&M log in a variety of ways. To see all the filters, click on the "Filter" button in the top right of the T&M Log Page.
- You can filter the log by the following items:
- Contractors / Customers
- Job Number
- Customer Reference Number
4. How to Export and Download Log Contents
- At any time you can export the log to PDF, Excel or CSV and the system will download a fully formatted T&M log ready to be printed or edited. To export click, the Export button in the top right-hand corner.
- Another way to share the T&M log is to generate a shareable link. You can email this link to your customer and it will automatically update every time a revision is made. Your Customer DOES NOT have to be using Extracker to open this link.
- You can also bulk download all T&M Tag PDF files by checking off the line items in the left hand column and clicking the download icon
5. Managing the Log Appearance
There are several ways you can manipulate what you see in the Extracker log.
- You can expand and shrink columns by selecting the edge of the column in the row header.
- You can select which columns you would like to see visible by clicking the Manage Log in the top right corner.
- By selecting Column Visibility you can then choose which columns will display