In this guide, we will give you the tools to help get your Tier III Extracker project set up with your Subcontractors.
Table of contents
- Tier III Project Requirements
- Instructions to Bidders & Subcontract verbiage
- Email Introduction to Subs Template
1. Tier III Project Requirements
A Tier III Extracker project in Extracker has the following requirements for Subcontractors:
- Require all Subcontractors to use Extracker's standard COR coversheet and attach a backup copy of their COR documentation.
- Before creating a COR have your subcontractors download and fill out our labor rates import sheet. This way all project CORs will be created using the approved rates in our system.
- Require all Subcontractors to use the Extracker web and mobile app to create any project Time and Material Tags.
By doing this, you as the GC will have consistent documentation across all Subcontractors ensuring all T&M Tags and CORs are broken down by labor, material and equipment drastically improving the review time. Each T&M Tag and COR will be logged in Extracker's digital COR and T&M Log so you know your cost exposure at a glance in real-time.
2. Include Extracker in your Instructions to Bidders and Subcontracts
Once Subcontractors understand how Extracker benefits them they usually jump on board quickly. However, it’s important to include contractual language in your sub-contracts so you can ensure Extracker will always be up-to-date with all CORs and T&M Tags, providing you a complete view of your project's financial exposure.
We recommend putting the ‘Example language’ in two locations:
*Please note this is not legal advice and you should consult your team before using.
- Instructions to Bidders: Before the job is bid you can insert this language giving the Subcontractors a heads up that Extracker will be required.
- Subcontracts: Once a contract is awarded, carry this same language into the executed contract.
Example ITB & Subcontract Example Language:
"This project is a Tier III Extracker project which requires the following:
1) For a project Change Order Request (COR) to be valid it must include the Extracker COR coversheet with a breakdown of labor, material and equipment.
2) No paper Time and Material Tags will be signed or acknowledged. For a Time & Material Tag to be valid, you must download the Extracker mobile app or use the web application to create a digital Time and Material Tag.
Extracker.com is a change order communication platform designed to help Subcontractors, General Contractors and Owners create, track, and share Change Order Requests and Time and Material Tags. You will receive an invite for [Insert Project Name] from [Company Name] via Extracker. Do not create your own separate project in Extracker. Further instruction will follow once the project is kicked off."
3. Email introduction to Subcontractors
We highly recommend sending an email introduction to your Subcontractors, prior to sending invites through the system. An introductory email will help explain what Extracker is and most importantly why you are using it. Once Subcontractors understand the value to them, it makes subcontractor adoption much easier.
*Important: Make sure you update the sections that are noted with  with your specific project details.
Tier III Email Example:
Email Subject: [Insert Projects Name] Change Order and T&M Tag Submission and Review
In an effort to better track, review, and process your Change Order Requests and Time & Material Tags, we will be requiring a software solution called Extracker. Extracker.com is a cloud-based platform that acts as a digital Change Order log shared between our companies. We will be requiring the following two things done in the software:
1) Any COR on this project must have the Extracker COR coversheet filled out with a breakdown of labor, material and equipment for it to be valid. You can attach your own backup documentation directly in the software easily creating a PDF package. To learn more to do this, visit the below link. Change Order Requests sent via email and not in Extracker will not be reviewed.
2) Any Time and Material Tag for this project must be created using Extracker web or mobile application. This allows us to instantly track the exposure from T&M work and collect signatures touch-free. To learn more, visit the below link.
This will help create better transparency between [Our Firm] and each of your companies so we know at all times what CORs and Tags have been approved, rejected, or are still in review.
1. You will receive an invite to join the project through Extracker. Click the link in the email and it will walk you through the signup process. Do not create the project on your own.
2. If you want help setting up your account, check out this guide here. https://knowledge.extracker.com/knowledge/subcontractor-quick-start-guide
If you have questions or want to set up a demo with Extracker please feel free to schedule something with the Extracker team here.
To finish the setup, navigate back to the General Contractor Playbook.